Monday, October 21, 2013

kyoto travels: in photos

This past Friday and Saturday I made an overnight visit to Japan's former capital, 京都市, to see my uncles and take in the sights around town. Rather than bore you with a laundry list of places I went and things I saw, I will let the pictures speak for me. Needless to say, Kyoto is a gorgeous city with a ton of history.

金閣寺, the Golden Temple
竜安寺, temple featuring a zen rock garden
銀閣寺, the Silver Temple
A seasonal taste of Kyoto, featuring Matcha Sorbet with roasted soy flour
伏見稲荷大社, mountain path with thousands of red 鳥居 gates
清水寺, large temple built on a hillside and supported with giant pillars
高台寺, Buddhist temple established by a widow in honor of her husband
人力車 is a popular mode of transport in certain parts of Kyoto

1 comment:

bill said...

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing, David. Love :)-D